SO YOU WANT TO VISIT THE CANADIAN WEST?
All Time Dumbest Questions Asked by Banff Park
they're ALL TRUE as heard at the information kiosks manned by
Parks Canada staff!
1. How do
the elk know they're supposed to cross at the "Elk
2. At what elevation does an elk become a moose?
3. Tourist: "How do you pronounce 'Elk'?"
Park Information Staff: " 'Elk' "
Are the bears with collars tame?
5. Is there anywhere I can see the bears pose?
6. Is it okay to keep an open
bag of bacon on the picnic table,
or should I store it in my tent?
7. Where can I find Alpine Flamingos?
I saw an animal on the way to Banff today - could you tell me
what it was?
9. Are there birds in Canada?
Did I miss the turnoff for Canada?
11. Where does Alberta end and Canada begin?
12. Do you have a map of the
State of Jasper?
13. Is this the part of Canada that speaks French, or is that
14. If I
go to B.C., do I have to go through Ontario?
15. Which is the way to the Columbia Rice Fields?
16. How far
is Banff from Canada?
17. What's the best way to see Canada in a day?
18. Do they search you at the B.C. border?
19. When we enter B.C. do we have to convert our money to British
20. Where can I buy a raccoon
hat? ALL Canadians own one, don't
21. Are there phones in Banff?
22. So it's eight kilometers away...
is that in miles?
23. We're on the decibel system you know.
24. Where can I get my husband really, REALLY
25. Is that two kilometers by foot or by car?
26. Don't you Canadians know anything?
do you put the animals at night?
28. Tourist: "How do you get your lakes so blue?"
Park staff: "We take the water
out in the winter and paint the
Tourist: " Oh".